Match Talk Interview With Fawaz; The Transcript

We transcribed this so you can see the full story, or if you didn't hear it or couldn't.

Fawaz: First of all we didn’t sell Oliver Burke in England, we sell him outside, and the money paid for Oliver Burke is good money to be honest, is a good sell, and we want to reinvest it in the club. We gave it all, we put in the club, and we told manager to pick who he want to pick and he picks for example Carayol, he pick Lica and he pick Dumitru, all of those good player and good signings for him, and we have to support him and support his decision.

David Jackson: Are you saying he could have spent £13mill this summer, but chose not to?

Fawaz:  Yes, the money, it’s still in the club, maybe we spend it in January, maybe we spend it in a facility in the club, maybe we spend it in a new… we look forward to invest in a new contract for our player who we have, so all this, we invest back in the club. I spent £100mill for this club, since I bought it till now, what shall I do with £13million? Of course I reinvest it in club.

David Jackson: But how much of that is available for players in the squad.

Fawaz: Sorry?

David Jackson:  But how much of that £13million, you say that goes back into the club, how much of that is available for players?

Fawaz:  All…..Most of it. And anything the manager want, we invest again. Maybe we will invest the £13mill again and I will invest extra, and maybe out of the 13 we will take 5-6million and keep the rest for the facility of the rest of the club.

David Jackson: Do you need to keep some of that for Financial Fair Play to avoid going back into an embargo?

Fawaz:  Yes we might do yeah. At the moment the club is in better shape for the err err financial fair play, err we will not have any embargo anymore because of this sale, and the club is now making profit rather than making losses like every year.

David Jackson: SO if you need that money to avoid going back under an embargo, you obviously can’t pout that back towards the manager for new players?

Fawaz:  No we can spend this money, we can spend it very easy. But rather than spend all of it maybe we spend half of it. We spend maybe for example like £8mill of £9mill, and we keep £4million for the club, you know something like this.

David Jackson:  Did you get a sell on clause for Oliver Burke?

Fawaz: No. we didn’t get any sell on because the money, err, first of all they offer £8million, I say I didn’t want to sell him, they offer £10million I say I don’t want to sell him, then they say ok we offer £13million and we pay it all in one go, but we don’t want to have sell on, I said then Ok, in this case.

David Jackson: is that a risk because he’s so young in 12 months or 2 years he could be worth much more.

Fawaz: I say £13million now, for this club, we don’t ever sell no player for £13mlli, and I think he is, Oliver Burke, the only player who get £13million. Tell me, who before in Nottingham was the highest player in sale?

David Jackson: Stan Collymore - £8.5 mill

Fawaz: Ok then, We sell him for £13 mill, we beat the record I think. And I think the money we sell Oliver Burke is good for the club and and and they money they pay is up front and not in instalments or something they pay it in one go. And I think, my opinion, maybe people agree, maybe they don’t agree, this sale of Liver Burke for £13million, but I think it is good business.

David Jackson: I know you said that the money is available, but when you said on Twitter that the money is available, people thought it’d be spent already, in this window, do you regret making that statement now?

Fawaz:  No I am not regretting, I cannot interfere with manager’s decision. I cannot interfere, the manager he chose them, he chose the player. Maybe he want Carayol, he want Dimitru, he want Lica It’s his decision he have to respect his decision.

David Jackson: The reason a lot of the fans were angry that Oliver Burke went is the different messages that came out of the club. Philippe Montanier, after the game on Saturday said he was confident that Oliver Burke would be staying, and then a day later he’s gone. Do you understand then, why fans might be upset about the different messages?

Fawaz: Yes. I tell you why, because in this time we don’t have anything. Red Bull didn’t call us, no body calls us. The next day they phoned us and I spoke to the manager and said I want to do this, and he said to me well this is your decision, and I respect it, but we’d like to reinvest the money, ok here’s the money then do whatever you want to do with it.. They transfer the money to our club and we have the money, and now we are willing to reinvest the money with the manager’s decision, not with my decision. I can go tomorrow and get three or four player and he can say to me tomorrow why you interfere with my player or something, it’s not right, We have to give him his right and to choose his right player. And I think he can do a statement to do for the website today, to clear everything regarding the sale of Oliver Burke and the player he chose and the player who left the club. It’s his decision. You have to respect that decision

David Jackson: Did you have any offers for Britt Assombalonga?

Fawaz: We had offers but I said no. I don’t want to sell Britt Assombalonga, we had offer from Norwich, for Britt, but I didn’t sell him, we need a striker and we need Britt at the moment with us.

David Jackson:  There was talk he was going to sign a new contract, is this going to happen?

Fawaz: Yes maybe tomorrow yes. Think he has 3 years now and we will sign him another 2 years extra. So I think we will sign him for 5 years, and he of course, he will earn more money, than what he’s earning right now.

David Jackson: There’s talk as well, that the takeover, or investment from Greece may have ended. Is that true?

Fawaz:  This is not me to say. This is with FA. You know the FA will decide, and not me, because you know when somebody want to buy any club in London...er. Sorry…England...err they have to do Due Dilligence on who is this man, and this and that and to looka t his CV and everything and then they will come back and say yeah or no, so we are waiting for their decision yet, nothing come yet.

David Jackson: So that isn’t ended yet? it could happen soon?

Fawaz:  Till now we don’t have information from the FA regarding those people, but that doesn’t mean, for say tomorrow, the people from Greece say the deal isn’t happening, we will carry on with our business, I will not leave the club like this.

David Jackson: Will you wait for that? Or do you have any other people interested?


Fawaz:  We don’t have other people at the moment, but if we did have people in the future, people give me the right money for the club, and to be honest I don’t want to sell the club, because I want to be part of success the club. I believe in the next year or two we can do something  to be positive.. To be honest, with you, I don’t like to sell the club, except maybe to the right people. With all respect, but I want to know their plan, what they do for Nottingham, and maybe not sell the whole club, but maybe I will stay with small share.

Comments